We are looking for an experienced Financial Operations Team Lead (preferably from back-office financial services/internet/eCommerce industry) who can assist with the daily processing, digital transaction fraud management and managing of digital payment methods. You will have a high capability of attention to detail, problem solving and experience in working in a high transaction volume environment.
Tasks and responsibility
- Work independently to analyse disputed credit card transactions to determine the appropriate response and backup documentation requirements to resolve disputes.
- Review credit card chargebacks for fraud patterns and make recommendations for actions in regard to these issues
- Fraud reviews
- Compliance and regulatory reviews
- Review payout batches to customers for accuracy and potential fraudulent activity and perform the processing of payout batches
- Perform daily system financial processing
- Financial reporting tasks
- Review and resolve payment issues on the Payfast system and liaise with payment providers for reviews and escalations
- 5 + years of experience related to high transaction volume financial services/ financial & risk operations /e-commerce/online transactions (e.g. eCommerce, online banking or payment solutions).
- Proficient in customer service and fraud investigation
- Possesses strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and demonstrates advanced judgment capability.
- Highly computer literate especially with intermediate Excel skills.
- Keen eye for detail and high level of accuracy and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Utilize a variety of software programs to resolve customer inquiries
- Due to the sensitive nature of the information inherent in our business, all final candidates are subject to background and credit checks.
About the company
PayFast was started in 2007 and has grown into one of South Africa’s leading online payment gateways. We are trusted by thousands of online sellers to process payments for them in a variety of ways, including credit cards, Instant EFT and Bitcoin.
Our office is in Claremont, Cape Town
We're a lean team in a fast growing company and excellent growth opportunities exist for the right candidates.
- Competitive salary
- Free, continuing education (Lynda.com)
Employees are eligible for a bonus after the financial year end, based on a combination of the employee's performance and the company's performance.
Immediately, but we're willing to wait for the right candidates to finish their current obligations.
We are very fortunate to receive a lot of applications, so do yourself (and us) a favour and do some research on us and what we do. As much as we'd love to meet with every applicant, if you don't hear back from us in three weeks, please consider your application (for this position) unsuccessful.
Pay attention to grammar/punctuation, how we spell our company name and please don't use a boring, generic copy-and-paste application/cover letter. These things increase your odds of getting an interview (but you already knew that) ;-)
Good luck and we hope to meet you soon!